Can lawful permanent residents in the United States apply to the 10-year, multiple-entry Chinese L (tourist) visa?

From what I can see:

So it's quite unclear to me what the answer is.

I am interested in the case of French citizens if that matters. French citizens may only apply to a one-entry or two-entry Chinese L (tourist) visa (up to 30 days per entry), unless perhaps if they are lawful permanent residents in the United States.

1 Answer 1


No, the 10 Year Multi-Entry Visa is not available to you.

While you are a US Permanent Resident, you are still applying as a French Citizen using that Passport. You only options are Visas available for French Passports.

The 2 Year Visa you mention is only available to Chinese Citizens who are US Permanent Residents and is valid only for Hong Kong.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .