I have a permanent resident card of Canada and I do have a refugee travel document, Do i need a visa to travel to France and stay less then 30 days for vacation?

  • If you have lived in Canada for five years and been physically present for three years or more, you may be eligible to naturalize right away as a Canadian citizen. Then you can travel visa-free on a Canada passport to almost everywhere. Nov 9 '18 at 4:12

Yes, you need a visa.

France does not even participate on the multilateral European agreement on visa-free travel for refugees; Canadian refugee travel documents are right out.

(Note that whether refugees need visas is a point that is not harmonized at the Schengen level, so each member state sets its own rules. Still, if you get a visa, it will be a uniform short-stay Schengen visa giving access to the whole area, unless there's a particular reason to issue one with limitd territorial validity).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.