I can't Google this out, everyone talks of pot brownies but these are just brownies made by a friend, diabetic and delicious and would love to bring a few with me on a trip. I am flying Vancouver-Los Angeles-London-Hungary-London-Coppenhagen-New York-Vancouver.

  • 1
    The answer is absolutely yes. I just returned from Hungary with a different brownie (check Sugar Free Monkey on Raday Street, Budapest -- I swear they have the best brownies in the world!) across more borders than anyone sane should and specifically declared I have brownies with me -- UK, USA, Canada, noone cares. I declared because it is food and better to have a quick word about the food with the border official than lose my NEXUS over it.
    – chx
    Jan 27 '19 at 18:30

I think you went a little too detailed with trying to find your answer, the brownies are just like any other baked goods after all. I found this US government page saying:

Generally, there are no restrictions on baked goods. The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) has a general list of approved products of which breads, cakes, cookies, and other bakery goods are listed.

The CBP Info center corroborates:

CBP Info center answers yes

Make sure to check specific airline rules as well, but I doubt you'll have any issue bringing them.

As for the EU, Personal food, plant and animal product imports, this is the UK government website but its from EU Commission Regulation (EC) No 206/2009 which was transposed into UK law by: The Trade in Animals and Related Products Regulations 2011. To quote:

Confectionery, chocolate or cakes... are permitted from any country as long as they are for your personal consumption and do not contain fresh cream or high levels of dairy products.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.