I am applying for the visitor visa to Canada and doing it online. The info button says:

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

  • your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes

If you hold a valid visa from the United States, provide a clear, scanned copy of your visa. If you are living outside your country of citizenship, please submit a copy of your immigration status document for the country where you currently reside. This could be a work permit, study permit, visa, or any other document that authorizes you to be in the country where you are living.

I never travelled to USA or Canada, have no stamps on my passport yet, no international boarding pass used before and never studied or worked internationally.

It is a required document, so I am not sure what to do.

  • 1
    what visa are you applying for and where do you see this text? I can only presume you have accidentally clicked into a visa category for people in transit through Canada to the US or something
    – nkjt
    Commented Nov 5, 2018 at 23:07
  • @nkjt visitor visa, on application forms there is "Application for Visitor Visa", so I think it is right, this one I am speaking about in the post is in Supporting Documents section Commented Nov 5, 2018 at 23:11

1 Answer 1


It is not a requirement to have a travel history, what the info says there is that if you have those then you must attach them. As this answer also notes

There is no legal requirement for you to have a history of international travel to be admitted into Canada.

Finding a source for a negative would be quite hard. However, anecdotally, this forum post concurs:

My brother[...] never traveled before. But he got visa for 10 years

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .