I am an Irish national and my non-EU wife and son (Indian) have EU family cards issued by Romania (long-term residency valid for 5 years). Can my son and wife travel to the UK for a few days with me to watch a soccer match?

  • You can find out here gov.uk/check-uk-visa – Traveller Nov 3 '18 at 7:20
  • 3
    Hi Nick, welcome to the site. Please give our users a little while to see and answer your question. In most of Europe it was very early in the morning when you asked, in America it was night. So 'nobody' had time to answer before you asked again. This site does not accept duplicate questions. You can edit this question if you feel you have more information to add. – Willeke Nov 3 '18 at 8:24
  • This is an other site you can use to check whether they need visa: iatatravelcentre.com/… – Willeke Nov 3 '18 at 8:31

I have an EU Blue Card and I am pretty sure that your family will need a Visa to travel to the UK. Most of the websites where you need to check the availability of Visa for travel do not state exceptions if one holds EU Blue Cards/Green Cards etc. The main basis for entry depends solely on the fact that which Passport you bear.

In a synonymous situation, if you are an American Green Card holder but you still have a passport that requires a Visa to travel to a certain country; you will still need to apply for a Visa.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.