I'm a Swedish citizen living in a flat rent is paid by the Swedish Social Security system. I want to invite my friend, an Indian, to visit me. Will it be a problem for Social Security if I invite my friend? He will just stay at my place. All the expenses are borne by him. He works in India. He will show his income. I'm wondering if I provide the invitation to him, the Social Security office might ask me questions.

By on social, I mean that I'm not working, unemployed, and government is giving me money every month.

  • 3
    What on earth is Social in this context? – Hanky Panky Oct 27 '18 at 3:58
  • 2
    @Mohit Is your accommodation paid for by the Swedish social security system? If so, you may not be entitled to invite your friend to stay with you without permission. – Traveller Oct 27 '18 at 6:45
  • @Traveller yes my flat rent is paid by the Swedish social security system. – Mohit Oct 27 '18 at 6:46
  • 4
    If your friend is paying all expenses anyway, things will be easier if he just budgets for staying at a hotel. Visa applications that need to rely on a local resident providing accommodations are weaker than when the applicant can fund the entire trip alone. – Henning Makholm Oct 27 '18 at 22:45

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.