This question already has an answer here:
I am travelling to the UK in the 3rd week of November on a business visit and intend to stay for more 10 days, along with my wife, when my business is over. I have my visa, but my wife's visa was refused.
I transferred around 1100 pounds into her accounts close to her visa appointment date, with an intent to enhance her financial strength. She has been working for the last 2 years and we submitted her salary slips, bank statements (last 6 months) and her latest ITR. Because of this fund transfer, we mentioned that she would be bearing 75% of the trip cost and the rest 25% would be borne by me. However, I didn't provide any cover letter or any of my salary slips or bank statements along with her application.
The rejection letter states two reasons primarily:
The most recent credit amount of GBP £1100 doesn't match with the salary credits reflected in the statement. Also, the documents and information that you have provided do not demonstrate the origin of the funds held in this account: therefore, bank statement does not satisfactorily demonstrate your income or whether these funds are under your personal control. Therefore, I am not satisfied that this bank statement is an accurate reflection of your personal and financial circumstances.
Moreover you state that you are married and that your husband intends to travel to the UK and will contribute towards the cost of your trip. However, the documents you have presented do not demonstrate any details about your husband, his whereabouts income or employment. I am therefore not satisfied you have accurately demonstrated your husband is able to meet the cost of your trip as claimed. This undermines your credibility and therefore I am not satisfied your intentions to visit the UK are as stated.
Given the above I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor and that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey and cost of planned activities. Therefore your application is refused under paragraphs V4.2(a)(c)(e).
I wish to reapply, providing the following documents: cover letter signed by me confirming that I would bear all her expenses, my salary slips, bank statements, company's invitation letter, hotel details (with both of our names). Along with that, the funds I deposited in her account had been withdrawn by me and now I am thinking of mentioning that my intent was to share the money with her as a gift to let her bear the expense, and there was a mutual consent. Now, that money is under my control and I will take full responsibility of bearing the expenses.
Let me know if there is something else which I need to do or follow a different approach. The application was refused today and I wish to reapply early next week.