Can I re-enter the UK having this type of Visa (valid until January 1, 2019) for a 12-day tour?

  • 1
    Have you already completed the study course for which the visa was originally granted? To be eligible for a short term study visa you must have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study gov.uk/study-visit-visa/eligibility If you want to re-enter on the same visa you’ll need to be able to show Immigration proof of one or more consecutive or concurrent programme(s) of study that will be completed within the six month validity period of the short-term study visa gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/… – Traveller Oct 25 '18 at 7:45
  • Thank you for the comment. Yes, I have already completed the course – user85923 Oct 25 '18 at 8:47

Your course is over therefore the premise for your Short Term Study visa is no longer valid. Seeking to enter the UK on a short term study visa where the course is finished gives Immigration the right (but not the obligation) to remove you under Paragraph 320 of the rules. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-part-9-grounds-for-refusal (1) the fact that entry is being sought for a purpose not covered by these Rules.

If you want to enter the UK as a tourist you’ll need to apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.