I'm a Canadian citizen and recently got married in Canada to a British man. I've applied for the settlement visa and we're awaiting a decision. I paid a fee to keep my passport while the application is being processed.

I want to go to the UK and spend the holidays with my husband. As a Canadian passport holder I am allowed to be there for 6 months at a time.

I have heard that, if you have already applied for a Settlement/Spouse Visa, it is unwise for a spouse to come to stay before it has been granted as it could jeopardise the application.

Will visiting him jeopardise our application? Will an Immigration Officer deny my entry if I tell them our situation as we've not got a decision yet?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Aug 2 at 3:19

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Do you mean a family visa? If you were applying for settlement, you would have already lived in the UK with your partner for five years. – Michael Hampton Oct 19 '18 at 23:17
  • OP has not returned to clarify comments. Putting on hold. – Mark Mayo Aug 2 at 3:19

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.