I am a citizen of India, have visa for Spain with Multiple number of entries valid for 160days. Can I travel to other EU countries like France, Germany, Netherlands etc with the same visa ?

  • Is your visa of type C or D? – Henning Makholm Oct 19 '18 at 23:44
  • @HenningMakholm Hmm, how is that relevant? Both C and D visas have Schengen-wide coverage by default – Crazydre Oct 20 '18 at 21:13
  • 1
    @Coke: It's mostly relevant because the interpretation of the "valid for" field is different in the two cases, and a targeted explanation of that would be natural as part of an answer. – Henning Makholm Oct 20 '18 at 21:56
  • @HenningMakholm it's type D visa – Deeksha Nov 16 '18 at 22:06
  • @Deeksha: In that case, beware that type D visas only have a single country name in the "valid for" field (because that's the only place they allow a long stay -- but nevertheless they are also good for short visits to all the other Schengen countries. – Henning Makholm Nov 16 '18 at 23:58

Yes you can do so only if you have a Schengen visa as opposed to individual country visa or LTV. Any eventual restrictions will be specifically stated on your visa ( for example excluded countries or included countries ) so read carefully and if none exists than you are good to go.


Unless you hold an LTV visa, you can travel to other Schengen countries, as well as to Croatia, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.