I am a citizen of Cameroon. I am currently in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on a tourist visa. I would like to apply for a tourist visa to Mexico. Mexico does not have an embassy in my home country (Cameroon). Is it possible for me to apply for this visa at the Mexican Embassy in the UAE? If not, where can I apply for a visa?

2 Answers 2


No you cannot. Most countries expect applicants to apply in countries in which they are nationals or long term residents.

Embassy of Mexico in the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Welcome to the website of the Embassy of Mexico in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Through this service, you can get updates on the various documentation services, promotion and protection offered by this representation, with jurisdiction in Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea Equatorial, Niger, Nigeria, Togo and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).


No, you cannot. From the Mexican embassy in UAE's web page:

The applicant has to be resident in the United Arab Emirates

Visiting UAE for tourism would not fulfill the residence requirement.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.