I've been approved for a TN1 visa. I will be moving from British Columbia to California. I know I'm authorized to work for a particular company (my sponsor) and no other. What I'm unsure about is if I'm allowed to to continue to do work for my own company which is registered in BC. It's an online business, so I can work from anywhere.

  • It is a grey area however people routinely visit the USA and do online work. – user 56513 Oct 16 '18 at 18:35
  • Does your sponsor allow for that kind of work? A lot of the big companies have contracts which basically state that all work that you do is their IP. – nikhil Oct 16 '18 at 19:01
  • 2
    @nikhil such provisions are generally unenforceable, at least under US law. – phoog Oct 17 '18 at 0:07
  • OP has not returned to clarify comments. Putting on hold. – Mark Mayo Aug 2 '19 at 3:19