This question already has an answer here:

My Indian Passport is detached from the main part but everything else is intact. I am in Australia at the moment and will be travelling in 15 days within Australia? What do I do?!(P.S. I am on a student visa in Australia) enter image description here

marked as duplicate by Nate Eldredge, Traveller, Giorgio, MadHatter, user 56513 Oct 9 '18 at 20:02

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • If you cannot get a new one promptly I personally would stick it together with super glue until I get back home. Alternatively you can get an emergency passport from the Indian High Commission – user 56513 Oct 9 '18 at 14:28

If you dont have any other document that you can use for domestic travel within Australia, please visit the nearest Indian Embassy and highlight the issue.

If you will be in Australia temporarily and will be returning to your country of origin soon, you will anyway have to visit the Indian Embassy as that passport may cause issues (in that the border staff or the airline check in staff may consider that passport as tampered with) while travelling internationally.

A picture of the damage will help.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.