I planned a trip to Europe this December and booked the flights quite in advance. A few days ago they sent an email informing me that a flight has been cancelled and they offered a different flight or refund of the booking amount. However there are several other booked flights (with different carriers) and hotel bookings which would suffer because of this change.
Here's my itinerary:-
- Delhi (DEL) to Milan (MXP), Air Italy, dep. Sunday, 6am India time
- Milan (MXP) to Rome (FCO), Air Italy, dep. Sunday 12.45pm Italy time
- Rome (CIA) to Athens (ATH), Ryanair, dep. Monday, 10am Italy time
Athens (ATH) to Rome(CIA), Ryanair, Thursday
Rome (FCO) to Milan (MXP), Air Italy, dep Friday, 9.40am Italy time
Milan (MXP) to Delhi (DEL), Air Italy, dep Friday, 4pm Italy time
Delhi (DEL) to Hyderabad (HYD), Indigo, dep Sunday
Of course the onward and return journey is separated by a few weeks. Not mentioning the dates due to privacy reasons.
They informed about two cancellations: Delhi to Milan (onward - Sunday) and Milan to Delhi (return Friday)
However they offer these flights on different days which totally break my itinerary which might cause me missing the connections of good amount of money to get other flights rescheduled.
I tried to communicate with them but
- Sent messages on whatsapp but I'm not receiving response after one reply
- Sent a couple of email on separate days but didn't get a reply
- Couldn't get connected on Phone.
It is causing a lot of stress.
What can I do about it?
I'd like to know what are my rights regarding how airlines is bound to (1) attend to customer communications, (2) offer multiple alternatives which do not break the itinerary, and (3) offer additional compensation for additional costs involved (hotels, other flights re-schdeuled).