My US employer wants to fly me in for the end of the year party with coworkers. They hired me as an independent contractor years ago and this job is my main source of income.

I don't live in US nor I have ever been there. The idea is to come there for a party and stay 2-3 days and flight right back to a country when I live. What would be the most appropriate visa to apply to minimize the chance of rejection? I am from Europe, but currently living in Asia.

  • 2
    Are you a citizen of a visa waiver program country?
    – phoog
    Oct 5, 2018 at 8:08
  • Unfortunately, my country is not the one included in the visa waiver program. We're also still in a process of becoming a member of European Union.
    – Mikac
    Oct 5, 2018 at 11:41

1 Answer 1


If you're not VWP eligible, have you looked at the B visa for visitors? Some helpful info here on B visas including the combined B-1/B-2 for business and leisure related activity.

  • Hi there, for this to be potentially a good answer, can you please put in a US Government link to B1/B2 visa, instead of one from a private visa service?
    – B.Liu
    Oct 9, 2018 at 9:25
  • My edit was to replace the link with the official US site (and as it read, it might have been viewed as spam, which Travel Stack Exchange does now allow).
    – Giorgio
    Oct 9, 2018 at 13:23

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .