The person (minor child) in question is a dual citizen (Pakistan/USA). He has valid passports of both countries. I am aware of the question on how to use two passports while traveling.

I want to know if he really needs a NICOP to enter/exit Pakistan or will his Pakistani passport suffice. Is it the law that all Pakistanis having dual nationality require a NICOP? If there is, can someone please provide a reference to it.

I have scoured the internet, nadra and the D.C. embassy website for information but can't find anything. Furthermore, the Pakistani embassy never picks up a phone call.

Does anyone here have relevant/recent experience?


You can use either your Pakistan passport OR a NICOP. You don't need a NICOP if you have a passport. However, you will generally be required to have a foreign passport if you're travelling on your NICOP.

This thread: https://www.siasat.pk/forums/threads/question-for-overseas-pakistanis.362036/


According to TIMATIC, the database used by check-in staff at airports, you need:

a. Pakistani passport


b. Foreign passport and NICOP.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.