I have following legs of flight travel I have to cover in December:
- Delhi to Milan (MXP), Air Italy, dep. Monday 6am India time
- Milan to Rome (FCO), Air Italy, dep. Monday 5pm Italy time
- Rome to Athens (ATH), Ryanair, dep. Tuesday 10am Italy time
First two are under ONE TICKET. There's a similar return route while returning as well.
Air Italia sent me an email today telling that the DEL>MXP flight on Monday has been cancelled. They are offering the same flight next day but with that, I will miss Rome>ATH flight despite keeping original time margin of over 14 hours. The flight is non-refundable.
What should I do to ensure that:
- I don't lose money because I booked flights with an airline that is losing money
- I don't miss visiting beautiful ancient cities of Europe