2

Ola and Uber are the most-used cab services in India. But these cabs have a driver.

Are there any self-driving cab services available in India. I mean that the cab should not have any driver and it drives by itself.

2
  • 1
    Just FTR I'm pretty sure there is not. – Fattie Oct 3 '18 at 11:49
  • Car rental services are provided by Zoomcar – Tamilvanan Oct 4 '18 at 10:03
19

There are virtually no self-driving cab services anywhere in the world as of 2018 (edit: and in 2021). Apart from an announced Waymo project in Phoenix AZ (USA) and the odd campus-style test, there simply isn't a full-fledged self-driving taxi available in any significant geographical area as of this writing.

2
  • There are also self-driving shuttle pods from the airport car parks to Heathrow Terminal 5, but they travel on their own roads rather than sharing them with other vehicles. – Mike Scott Mar 27 at 20:45
  • I’ve driven the latest Tesla “self driving” car and I can confirm you do not want to be in a driverless taxi for now. I’m sure it works well 99% of the time but the other 1% will kill you. – JonathanReez Mar 28 at 8:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.