I am an EEA national and my wife and her parents are European Union residence card holders. Can my in laws travel to the UK without a visa?

  • @Glorfindel "European" should be preceded by "a," not "an." – phoog Sep 29 '18 at 23:36

Only if you're already in the UK or you're travelling with them. In that case they can enter by presenting their passport and residence card.

| improve this answer | |
  • 3
    And only if the UK doesn't crash out of the EU in 6 months :) – JonathanReez Sep 29 '18 at 18:37
  • But airline boarding did not allow them to go but immigration told them they can go – Singh jagroop Sep 30 '18 at 8:14
  • @Singhjagroop The check-in staff was wrong then. Tell them to check the TIMATIC database, which says "Visa required, except for Passengers with a "Permanent Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen" or a Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen issued by Italy to to family members of a national of Switzerland or an EEA Member State. They must travel with or travel to join the national of Switzerland or EEA Member State." – Crazydre Sep 30 '18 at 8:36
  • @Singhjagroop Also contact the Airline and get compensation, again quoting TIMATIC – Crazydre Sep 30 '18 at 8:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.