I am a Russian woman traveling to America. I am a figure skating coach. My boyfriend is a coach in America. I am planning on traveling on a tourist visa and teach students while I’m there BUT have the students pay my boyfriend for my time. Is this allowed?

  • 1
    Slightly off-topic: Are you going to rely on those earnings for the trip's visa application? If that is the case then the visa is going to get refused.
    – Newton
    Sep 26, 2018 at 16:52
  • 13
    This isn't volunteering. Actual volunteering can be allowed under certain circumstances, but this is just plain working; the fact that the payments are routed through someone else doesn't change the basic idea that you're offering services in exchange for money. Sep 26, 2018 at 22:40
  • 3
    Are there many women called Richard in Russia?
    – jwenting
    Sep 27, 2018 at 11:47

1 Answer 1



You basically trying to work while on a tourist Visa. Getting paid through a third party doesn't change that.

  • 7
    It's not just "not allowed", it's a serious deception that's likely to result in a ban.
    – TooTea
    Sep 26, 2018 at 20:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .