In the Winter Package hotel offer, one service provided to Horizon Club members is a "Purser service", without any explanation of what a purser is. Wikipedia's article on pursers only talks about pursers in the context of boats and aircraft, as does Wiktionary. In the context of hotels, what's a "purser"?
From Nate's comment:
It doesn't look like this is a standard industry term. Indeed, the top hit for "hotel purser service" is a job posting for a Purser at that very same hotel, followed by lots of irrelevant hits. So maybe it's something that this particular hotel invented. But the job posting can give you some idea of what a Purser does at this hotel:
- Prepares pre-registration and VIP reservations as well as pre arrival email.
- Prepares arrival and ensures a smooth check-in and escort to guest room or lift as a minimum.
- Obtains departure details from guests and updates relevant information in the computer.
- Prior to guest departure sends an up-to-date copy of the bill
- Maintains guest history
- To assist colleagues with efficient and friendly Food and Beverage service. This includes set up and breakdown of the buffet, maintaining a clean and tidy Lounge, clearing & resetting tables
- Ensures the immaculate physical appearance of the Lounge area