I'm really confused on what to do. I'm a u.s citizen and I'm staying with a friend in france who is paying for my whole stay there. So I'm not sure what documents I would need to provide for the proof of ''socio-economic situation' I'm unemployed, I'm using my savings for this trip with that being said does that mean my visa might be denied? even though my friends paying for everything so I won't taking a job from anyone.

closed as unclear what you're asking by JonathanReez Mar 7 at 19:02

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    How long are you intending to stay in France? – Traveller Sep 21 '18 at 6:12
  • 1
    A visa can always be denied. An unemployed person looking to stay with a friend who is supposedly paying for everything is a high-risk profile for overstay and illegal working (not saying this is your plan, just in general). – nkjt Sep 21 '18 at 8:38
  • @Aurora Although your question relates to France, the image in this question travel.stackexchange.com/questions/49478/… shows how the risk assessment of your application is likely to be made. – Traveller Sep 21 '18 at 9:23
  • @Traveller I only plan to stay about six months. And I do have the funds to support myself if absolutely necessary. I just don't know what paperwork I need to have. – Aurora Sep 21 '18 at 19:37
  • @Aurora You need to provide documents that demonstrate your intention to leave France before the expiry of the requested visa. This could include evidence of income (pension, investment etc), assets (eg property, savings), marriage certificate, family ties, university/college enrolment. – Traveller Sep 22 '18 at 0:04