I'm heading to Canada in January, flying from London to Kelowna, via a 6 hour stopover in Toronto.

I'm doing the IEC working holiday visa.

Does anyone know if it's possible to sort out all the paperwork during my time between flights, or do I have to do it at the final destination? Ideally, I'd like to use the stopover time productively so I can get out of the airport quicker at the end.

  • 4
    The vote to close this question as "opinion based" is puzzling. The answer is a matter of fact, even if it neither "yes, it is possible" nor "no, it is not possible" but "in fact, it is required."
    – phoog
    Commented Sep 20, 2018 at 20:19

1 Answer 1


You do not have a choice. You will have to do all your immigration formalities in Toronto. The flight from Toronto to Kelowna is a domestic flight, so you'll have to pass through immigration control before you get to the gate to board that flight.

  • Excellent, that makes it easy, Thanks very much Commented Sep 20, 2018 at 20:10

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .