I'd like to invite a friend to the UK on a Standard Visitor Visa. We both hold Indian passports. I have a Tier 4 (General) UK visa and he is in a doctoral programme in France and has a Titre de Sejour. When I invited him the last time, in addition to my proof of student and immigration status, we had submitted my contract as proof of accommodation. He was granted a multi-entry visa and visited four times within the six months of its validity.

For the present application, my contract expires on 1st October, but I had a verbal agreement with the landlord that I can continue living there on the same terms for a few more months, but we haven't signed a new contract.

As with any document, submitting an expired contract sounds like a bad idea. What are my options?

  • 4
    Since you will need to sign a memo (or equivalent) before 1st Oct for the tenancy extension to be legally binding anyway, is there any difficulty (apart from non-action on either party) that prevents you or the landlord from doing so? This should kill two birds with a single stone? – B.Liu Sep 10 '18 at 15:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.