I have a 2-year Schengen type C visa issued by Germany to visit my sibling who studies there. I wanted to know if it's okay to use this visa to enter Austria to start my university studies. I already entered Germany a couple of times and used it to enter France and Greece twice.

I will not exceed 90 days and I have already applied to the residence permit. Will there be a problem to use that visa?

1 Answer 1


The first trip with a multiple entry visa should be for the purpose from the application. The following trips can have other purposes. There will be no problem if you visit Austria now and look at a city where you might want to study.

As I understand it, you cannot apply for the residence permit while you are in Austria. You have already applied and the decision is pending, and I don't know if they just check your residence at the time of application. For details on that, better ask on Expatriates Stack Exchange.

  • Yes I already fulfilled the purpose of the application in the first trip. I have already got accepted in university and waiting fir the acceptance of my residence permit. But it will take 3 months for the acceptance to come and my studies start end of this month. So is it okay to use that visa I have till the residence permit is issued? Sep 9, 2018 at 16:41
  • @Faresmetwally, ask on Expatriates. I have some doubts that going to university is covered by your visa.
    – o.m.
    Sep 9, 2018 at 17:15

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .