I have a valid and stamped h1b visa.Currently not in usa as it was consular notification. Now my sponsored company does not have any onsite opportunity for me. So is it possible for me to travel to usa on my own and search for a job and then look for some consultancy for h1b transfer. Or I should look for a company which can do h1b transfer . Once its approved then only travel to usa. Please tell me the feasibility of these .

  • Questions about long term visas (such as the H1-b) belong on Expatriates – user79658 Sep 7 '18 at 3:43
  • Yes it is possible. However immediately you get there you will be out of status. And by doing that you would have committed fraud/misrepresentation at your entry point. – user 56513 Sep 7 '18 at 6:32
  • @MusoniusRufus Please don't post answers as comments. – David Richerby Sep 7 '18 at 13:06
  • @DavidRicherby I will continue to do so for what are viewed as off topic questions. – user 56513 Sep 7 '18 at 14:26

Almost certainly not. Your sponsoring company signed a labor certification stating that you were essential and they might lose the ability to sponsor more H1Bs if they fire you even before you arrive.

On your end, you’d lose the H1B if you arrived without the job at the company listed on your H1B. It’s not a work-anywhere visa.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.