My husband a non-EU passport holder (Armenia) and I an EU passport holder (UK) wish to go to Germany. I would like to know if he needs a Schengen visa to go to Germany or is there no need?

He has a "leave to enter" residence card for the UK, as well as this my name is written in his Armenian passport and our relationship (Wife).

marked as duplicate by Traveller, Neusser, Newton, Giorgio, Jim MacKenzie Sep 6 '18 at 16:38

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Yes he needs a visa, but it should be issued free of charge as long as the UK remains in the EU. The residence permit you describe does not count as an "article 10" card. See Travel documents for non-EU family members.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.