I am an international student studying in China. My current visa will expire on September 25, 2018. Interestingly, my passport will expire on March 18, 2019. What can I do? I basically need a 6months visa and have plans to go back home in January for renewal. Is it possible to go to my embassy for a stamp?

closed as off-topic by Giorgio, Dirty-flow, David Richerby, mts, Newton Sep 4 '18 at 21:31

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Welcome to TravelSE. Please add all relevant to the question by clicking on edit. You should at least tell us your nationality and explain "I need a 6 month visa" remark - do you want to extend your Chinese visa or do you need a visa of another country? – RedBaron Sep 4 '18 at 6:53
  • 3
    Your embassy can't help you with a Chinese visa. You have to apply through the Chinese authorities. The international student office at your university should be able to advise you. You might also get a fuller answer on Expatriates, where they have more expertise in long term visas and migration. – user79658 Sep 4 '18 at 6:53
  • @Cannon, thanks for your response. I actually intend to go to the embassy for my passport extension. I will then go to get the Chinese authorities to get the Chinese visa extension... – Chris Ky Sep 5 '18 at 9:07