I'm a Bangladeshi passport holder. My Indian multiple entry tourist visa will expire on 8 October 2018. I visited India on 20 August 2018. I will visit again with this same visa on 22 September 2018 for an interview at the Polish Embassy in New Delhi, as my appointment date is on 25 September 2018. They will keep my passport 14-21 days as normal visa procedure.

My Indian visa will expire on 8 October 2018 as the visa will be valid for only for 12 days after I leave my passport at the Embassy of Poland.

  1. Can I stay 1-2 weeks after my visa expires?
  2. Can I extend my Indian tourist visa in my own country (Bangladesh)?
  3. Can I apply for a new tourist visa before my current Indian visa expires?
  4. Are there any restrictions for Bangladeshi citizens entering twice within two months?
  • 2
    Regarding Q1, if the people at the Polish Embassy notices that you are overstaying your current visa in India, I would expect that it would affect the evaluation of your Polish visa. – SJuan76 Sep 1 '18 at 18:23
  • Related question travel.stackexchange.com/questions/77506/… – RedBaron Sep 1 '18 at 19:07
  • 2
    You will need an exit visa if you end up overstaying by paying a fee. Better to get an extension before by visiting the FRRO. – greatone Sep 1 '18 at 19:22
  • Possible duplicate of Is it possible to apply for and extend an Indian tourist visa whilst in Mumbai, India? – user79658 Sep 1 '18 at 23:52
  • @CannonFodder this is not an exact duplicate. The OP in that question has an e-visa. Here OP has a full multiple entry tourist visa. That question also does not deal with 2 month rule. – RedBaron Sep 2 '18 at 1:55
  1. You are recommended to extend/renew your visa
  2. Yes, you can renew the visa
  3. Maybe not, I am not sure
  4. It is not clear/officially announced. But many people reported that they faced difficulty at immigration.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.