I am travelling from India to Amsterdam with a layover at London, where I have to change airports from Heathrow to Gatwick. Do I require a transit visa?

I have a Dutch residence permit which is valid until next year. Does this exception statement apply to me? You can transit without a visa if you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland.

  • "Does this exception statement apply to me?": Is your residence permit in the form of an EU-standard card? (Is there a bull on the front?)
    – phoog
    Aug 29 '18 at 15:03
  • Yes,It is a EU standard card (with the bull). My concern is more about changing the airport :(
    – user83556
    Aug 30 '18 at 7:33
  • Since you're changing airports, you need to look at the transit rules that apply to those who need to pass through passport controls.
    – phoog
    Aug 31 '18 at 4:53