I have applied for a Schengen visa. I think I applied for a single-entry visa.

But now when I received my passport I can see that the number of entries is written as MULT.

Does this mean I have a multiple-entry visa or is MULT another code word for single-entry visa?

My duration of stay is 35 days.

Similar to this

Multi Entry Visa

  • 4
    They gave you a multiple entry visa. They sometimes do that at their own discretion. Aug 29 '18 at 10:53
  • @MusoniusRufus that's really the only answer possible to this question, isn't it? You might as well write it up as one.
    – MadHatter
    Aug 29 '18 at 14:46
  • 2
  • 1
    @Dirty-flow despite its title, the proposed duplicate question is about the application of the 90/180 rule to a multiple-entry visa, not about the meaning of MULT itself.
    – phoog
    Aug 29 '18 at 15:01
  • 1
    It would be pretty ridiculous if "MULT" was short for "single-entry," haha. But I wouldn't put it past a government somewhere to have done something like that. Aug 29 '18 at 23:23

MULT means it is a multiple-entry visa. From Annex VII of the Schengen Visa Code:

  1. ‘NUMBER OF ENTRIES’ heading:

    This heading shows the number of times the visa holder may enter the territory for which the visa is valid, i.e. it refers to the number of periods of stay which may be spread over the entire period of validity, see 4.

    The number of entries may be one, two or more. This number is written to the right-hand side of the preprinted part, using ‘01’, ‘02’ or the abbreviation ‘MULT’, where the visa authorises more than two entries.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.