I will be travelling to New York, USA from Berlin, Germany using Delta airline and I checked the restriction of carry on available here. It is said that there is no weight restriction, but is it true in reality? If so then I would like to put my backpack and laptop to my carry on luggage so it probably could weight around 10 kgs.
Your own research on Delta's web site is clear:
CARRY-ON WEIGHT RESTRICTIONS
No maximum weight applies to carry-on baggage except in the below stations:
- Singapore, Singapore - Changi International Airport (SIN) carry on should not exceed 15 lbs. (7kgs)
- Beijing - Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) requires that domestic hand carry bags should not exceed 10kgs. Individual carrier rules apply for international flights.
- Shanghai - Pudong International Airport (PVG) carry on should not exceed 22lbs. (10kgs)
CARRY-ON SIZE RESTRICTIONS
It won’t fit. Three words you don’t want to hear when trying to board. To avoid delays and possible checked bag fees, follow these size requirements:
- Baggage may not exceed 45 linear inches (or 114 cm) in combined length, width and height, including any handles and wheels, with the exception of small musical instruments that fit in the overhead compartment space or under-seat space available at the time of boarding
- Baggage must meet carry on size limits (approximately 22" x 14" x 9" or 56 x 35 x 23 cm). Reference size check templates located at ticket counters and gates.
Passengers traveling on Delta Connection flights, and only those flights with fifty (50) seats or less, are only permitted to carry personal items on board the aircraft due to limited overhead space. Personal items must be able to fit securely under the seat in front of the passenger. All carry-on bags within Delta's size restrictions will be gate checked, free of charge, during the boarding process and returned upon deplaning. Please ensure that a pink Gate Claim/Planeside tag is securely attached to the carry-on item. Assistive devices are not subject to this restriction.