I had a flight with a tight connection from Swiss via Zurich and I was checked in waiting for the flight. Then my first flight got delayed. I received an email soon saying that Swiss rebooked on a flight completely with Air India, 4 hours later than the original flight, and I am with them from now on.
The problem is that the Air India flight has also a somewhat tight connection and I don't want to end up waiting in New Delhi for another day.
What are my rights in this case? Can I deny this change and force the airline to look for a better solution? If so, what rules should I mention?
I am in the airport at the moment and I would be very glad if somebody gives me quick help.
PS. Just to make the story complete: When I was still at airport, I called Swiss for investigating alternatives. I had to wait 20mins on phone but eventually the responding agent was quite helpful. Without the need of any discussion, she laid out some alternatives and said that she can book them if I want to. I decided to take Air India one because all others involved waiting overnight in the airport and arriving to the destination a night after I target - except Air India. Anyway, with some delays and a lot of running, I made it to the destination without a problem.