Is there a way to obtain a Taiwanese visa while visiting Hong Kong? If so, what is the best way of doing this? Are there any agencies I should contact, or should I go directly to some Taiwan consulate in HK directly? Does anyone has any experience with this?

Also, where can I find a list of required documents needed to obtain a visa?

  • What is your nationality and what type of visa do you want to apply for? Following the links from here roc-taiwan.org/sa_en/post/111.html it appears you apply online and via the local Taipei Economic & Cultural Centre in HK
    – Traveller
    Aug 19 '18 at 23:17
  • @Traveller My nationality is Russian Federation, and the visa type is a tourist visa (or whatever it is called). I wasn't able to find anything about applying in HK following your link.
    – user77409
    Aug 19 '18 at 23:46

Since Taiwan is considered to be part of China, and Taiwan considers the Mainland a part of its territory too, there's no consulate of Taiwan in HK. They do have a Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (Hong Kong), in Lippo Centre, 89 Queensway, Tower 1, room 1106. Phone: 2525.8316. They're the ones you want to talk to.

Alternatively, any big travel agency (CTS, Travel Expert, etc) should be able to handle this for you.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.