I am a Syrian citizen. I want to travel from Canada to Malaysia with a transit in Hong Kong Airport. I have a Canadian Travel Document. Do I need a transit visa for Hong Kong?

1 Answer 1


Yes, you will need a visa as a Syrian national, unless:

  • It is a direct transit by air and you do not leave the airport transit area throughout your transit; or
  • Your Canadian Travel Document shows that you have another nationality (e.g. Canadian) eligible for visa-free entry to Hong Kong.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.