I am traveling to Japan and I want to know if these old 100 USD bills are accepted there for currency exchange.

100 USD bills

  • 2
    Where are you now? You can exchange these at any bank in the USA. Aug 14 '18 at 23:15
  • 2
    I am in UAE right now and I am going to japan next week
    – john
    Aug 14 '18 at 23:51
  • 1
    I will defer to others, but I have not yet heard of a problem with any of the large-portrait bills, even these that lack new anti-counterfeiting measures. The old small-portrait bills are very hard to use outside the USA, and even there, exchanging at a bank is probably the only thing to do. Aug 15 '18 at 0:32
  • 1
    Possible duplicate of Converting Older United States Dollar Bills
    – Giorgio
    Aug 17 '18 at 14:09
  • 1
    @Giorgio This is not a duplicate. The asker wants to know if those dollar bills will be accepted as a specific destination, not how someone can convert old dollar bills. Aug 17 '18 at 17:32

The Series 2006A $100 US note is still is circulation and should be accepted by any service or institution that offers foreign money exchange.

Each Japanese international airport has foreign currency exchange services, as do many large hotels. Major banks exchange foreign currency and many have branches in airports and train stations, with the following as just a few of the many available:

  • is there a way of telling by looking at a note what series they are? Furthermore is there a government website where it states which series are still legal tender and time frame they will be still legal tender?
    – 3kstc
    Sep 18 '19 at 3:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.