I need to apply for a Schengen visa from Switzerland. In the application, it asks for previous visa copies. I have lost my previous UK BRP card. What should I need to do? Do I need to provide visa copies for the last 5 years? If it is the last 5 years, my UK visa BRP card was issued before 5 years but my stay falls within the 5 years. What should I do?

@toy: https://travel.stackexchange.com/users/4022/toy I think you had a similar experience. Appreciate your advice.

  • There is no place in the Schengen application for visa copies, it asks for previously issued and rejected visa dates. Can you post a scan of where it is asking you for this? – Burhan Khalid Aug 14 '18 at 9:40
  • @BurhanKhalid Thanks for your reply. 4 - Photocopy of all visas (valid and expired) of last 5 years tm.lk/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Schengen-Reqirments.pdf – leena Aug 14 '18 at 9:58
  • Where are you applying from? The site you linked is not an official source of information for Schengen visas – Burhan Khalid Aug 14 '18 at 10:14
  • I got it from vsfglobal site. updated link vfsglobal.ch/switzerland/srilanka/pdf/… – leena Aug 14 '18 at 10:41
  • This seems like a bizarre thing in relation to Sri Lanka specifically??? – Fattie Aug 14 '18 at 12:05

The Schengen visa application asks for passports, current and previous, as well as photocopies of all visas, valid and expired of the last 5 years.

A UK Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is not a visa, but a secure identity card which contains personal details and biometric information for those who have permission (a visa) to be remain in the UK for more than 6 months.

Separately, you were issued a UK visa, which is in either a current or a previous passport, and both of which you are expected to include with your application. At this point, you should include all that is requested, even that which may not reflect positively on visa or immigration history.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.