I am a permanent resident in the USA. I have an Irish tourist visa. While in the Republic of Ireland, I would like to take a day tour to Giant's Causeway (Northern Ireland). Will I need a visa for the UK? I have applied for a multiple-entry visa for Ireland.

  • 3
    Are you asking whether US residence allows entry to the UK (it doesn't)? Does your Irish visa have the BIVS endorsement?
    – Giorgio
    Aug 13 '18 at 18:29
  • 2
    @M.Patel Have you tried using gov.uk/check-uk-visa
    – Traveller
    Aug 14 '18 at 10:01

Your US residence does not enable you to enter the UK visa free. However, you would not need a separate UK visa if your Irish Tourist Visa is endorsed with the coding BIVS. The British-Irish Visa Scheme allows for mutual recognition of short-stay visas between the UK and Ireland. If it does not, you would have to apply for a UK Standard Visitor visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.