I'm a Philippines citizen. I'm a green card holder, residing in Los Angeles, California. I want to visit Japan just to experience and see their tradition.

How can I have a visit visa and what are the requirements?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Robert Columbia, Jim MacKenzie, Itai, user67108, Ali Awan Aug 13 '18 at 9:39

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


As a Philippines citizen, you will need a visa to visit Japan (this is true whether or not you are a US resident). You can find all the visa information you'll need from the Japanese Consulate in Los Angeles, particularly the page on short-term visas.

For tourism/sightseeing visas, there's a list of required documents for a visa. Complete all that, and take it to the consulate for a visa.

If you do obtain US citizenship in the future, you'll be able to visit Japan for up to 90 days for tourism or business visa-free.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.