Our kids have German passports but my husband and I have a permanent residence card. We want to travel to the UK by road. Can we get a visa at the border by providing the necessary documents, as our kids are travelling with us?

  • 3
    They have a nice website for finding out if you need a visa: gov.uk/check-uk-visa - If you need one, you will need to apply in advance.
    – DCTLib
    Aug 12 '18 at 12:03
  • No, you cannot.
    – Neusser
    Aug 12 '18 at 12:26
  • 5
    @Nazia The UK does not issue visas ‘on the spot’. Depending on your nationality/personal circumstances you may qualify for visa-free entry; if not, you need to apply for a visa in advance.
    – Traveller
    Aug 12 '18 at 12:28

No, the UK doesn't issues visas on arrival.

Thus, if you normally need a visa for the UK, well, you will need it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.