I am a non-EU citizen trying to enter Hungary from Serbia by train or bus.

I have a visa type D single entry for Hungary.

My travel plan: From Tunisia to Belgrade, Serbia and then from Belgrade to Budapest.

Will I face any kinds of problems?

  • 1
    Not saying it can't happen, but a single-entry type D visa sounds really strange. Are you sure that is what you have? – hmakholm left over Monica Aug 11 '18 at 20:30
  • @HenningMakholm Yeah i'm sure – Radhouane Habachi Aug 11 '18 at 20:33
  • @HenningMakholm Means OP, once in Schengen, must not leave until they get their residence permit – Crazydre Aug 11 '18 at 20:41
  • @HenningMakholm thank you that's what i needed to know – Radhouane Habachi Aug 11 '18 at 20:44

Of course you can; the Serbian-Hungarian crossings used by buses and trains are open to all.

Once you're in the Schengen Area, don't leave until you get your residence permit card.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.