I came to Canada a month ago. I holding a Canadian work permit. I would like to go the US on a visit visa. I hold an Indian passport. How can I get a visa for the US? I heard it is complex to get a US visa if you're a temporary resident in Canada, and I should apply from my permanent residence country, ie India.

closed as unclear what you're asking by David Richerby, dda, Giorgio, gmauch, Newton Aug 10 at 15:15

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

You should not have any more trouble applying from Canada than you would from India.

I suspect the reason you are hearing this is that the term 'temporary resident' in Canada includes people in Canada on a Visitor Visa. If you were in Canada on a Visitor Visa you might have more problems - however with a work visa (assuming it isn't about to expire) you are OK applying from Canada.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.