I'm planning to go to Mexico this winter, buy a cheap used car/van and start going south. The intinerary is not really strict, thought I'd cross different countries (perhaps I'll reach Chile?).

What kind of documentation must I produce to buy a used car in Mexico? As a European, I know I have to have the International Driver License in my country, but what about insurance?

Are there other fees and bureaucratic steps? How long does it take to do all the papers?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.