The US embassy in Mumbai banned me in 2015 for giving wrong information about my marriage. I want to know how many years I'm banned for. How can I know?

marked as duplicate by Robert Columbia, gmauch, Giorgio, Jim MacKenzie, MadHatter Aug 7 '18 at 5:53

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 4
    You could ask them, perhaps. What exactly did they say to lead you to believe that you were banned? – phoog Aug 6 '18 at 17:14
  • 2
    You are banned forever. There are waivers available but those are very hard to come by. What kind of visa did you apply for? – greatone Aug 6 '18 at 18:27
  • 7
    @DanNeely Marriage fraud which involves an actual albeit fraudulent marriage between a citizen and noncitizen is totally different from a non immigrant lying about his/her marital status on visa forms. – user 56513 Aug 6 '18 at 21:05
  • 2
    @TheZealot that is discussed in (a)(6)(c)(I) about halfway down. – Harper Aug 6 '18 at 23:24

If you were banned for giving wrong information per your own words, then it is a ban for misrepresentation or fraud. It makes you permanently inadmissible and you must apply for a waiver for the inadmissibility to be waived.

Waivers for fraud are very very difficult to get.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.