I am an Indian citizen and I have UK divorce papers. I will be getting married to a USA citizen. Do I need an Indian divorce certificate when applying for a USA visa?

  • 1
    @TheZealot do you have a reference for that? Certainly US courts consider themselves competent to divorce people who were married in foreign jurisdictions. – phoog Aug 6 '18 at 9:06
  • 3
    Phoog her case is that of being married in one country, divorced in another, and applying through the notorious USCIS. I recommend an attorney. – user 56513 Aug 6 '18 at 9:16

Technically your question is in the wrong part of Travel Exchange since you are considering a long term move. Should be under expatriates or law.

The answer appears to be yes. However for your complicated case I recommend getting a qualified immigration attorney.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.