Good day I have MUlt C type standard visa uk for 6 months from April 18 till 05th Oct 18. I am studying in Sweden.Meanwhile for attending in a UN conference on behalf of my university it needs i go to UK on 13th OCT(8 days after expiry of my visa date). Please advise what should apply for visa 1-Apply new application for standard visa again?or 2-Apply to extend the present visa.(As i read in UK.GOV site for Uk visa extension i should be present in UK,However i am in Sweden now). Kindly Advise. Best Regards

  • Not sure why you needed to ask this question since you’d already found the explicit answer on the UK visa website.
    – Traveller
    Aug 4, 2018 at 7:42

2 Answers 2


It only makes sense to extend your stay in the UK if you are already in the UK.

If you are not in the UK, therefore, you should apply for a new Standard Visitor visa. You do not need to have your existing visa cancelled or changed.


You already have your answer. To apply for a visa extension you must be in the UK. You're in Sweden (which isn't in the UK as far as I'm aware), so you apply for a new visa.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.