I'll be travelling next week with the following itinerary:
- Flight #1: Lahore (LHE) to Abu Dhabi (AUH).
- Flight #2: Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Chicago (ORD).
- Flight #3: Chicago (ORD) to Manhattan (MHK).
All of these are connecting flights and were booked as one.
I will have to go through the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) pre-clearance facility in Abu Dhabi (AUH) for immigration purposes. I have a few questions:
- I will check in my bags in Lahore (LHE). After entering Abu Dhabi (AUH), would I have to collect my bags prior to visiting the CBP facility at the airport? Or will my bags be directly brought to that destination?
- After I have cleared the CBP facility, would I have to manually check-in the bags at Abu Dhabi (AUH) airport?
- After I have landed in Chicago (ORD), would I have to collect my bags and check them in again before catching my last connecting flight? I'm not sure whether the first port of entry would be Abu Dhabi (AUH) or Chicago (ORD) in my case.