Can I get the German National Visa application submitted in a German consulate in a country and get the passport stamped after visa approval in another German consulate/VFS in another country?

  • 1
    Probably not. Why would you want to do this? – phoog Aug 3 '18 at 16:08
  • 1
    I reside in a foreign country where I have applied for the German visa with a valid job offer from Germany. And I wish to travel to my home country to collect the visa after approval - from the German embassy there. Time/appointment constraints and personal reasons. – Bourne Aug 3 '18 at 19:17
  • Not likely. They probably have no way to send your information and documents from one consulate to another. And you don't live in your home country anyway. – Michael Hampton Aug 6 '18 at 14:05
  • The easiest way would be to call up both embassies or consulates and ask them. – simbabque Aug 8 '18 at 15:24

If I answer your question in a generic way i.e. specifying if it is possible or not then: yes, it is possible to do that. A number of applicants get their visas stamped in another country. Having said that the process could be troublesome and the embassy/consulate concerned would take it on a case basis.

However, it is totally at the discretion of the embassy or consulate you are dealing with and the answers you find here are mostly opinions and would be case specific. As suggested in the comments, you should call up the embassies and try to explain your situation.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.