What do the initials BC mean that were placed by US Immigration when they stamped my entry to the USA? I entered through the port of Miami legally.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Greg Hewgill, David Richerby, Giorgio, Thorsten S., Newton Aug 6 '18 at 11:24

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Are you sure it wasn't "B2" for the status you were admitted on? (B2 is the nonimmigrant status for personal visitors.) – user102008 Jul 30 '18 at 23:33
  • @user102008 it's less likely, but also possible that the office wrote "B1" with a curvy 1. – phoog Jul 30 '18 at 23:36
  • 16
    Could you post a picture? – Zach Lipton Jul 30 '18 at 23:39

Almost certainly a B2/B1 stamp that looks like a C.

For example in a previous question (I have a B2 visa for the US, but I was admitted under the Visa Waiver Program. Now my ESTA will expire before I leave the US. What should I do?) you can see a B2 stamp where the '2' looks like a 'C' at first glance.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.