Where can I exchange my local (Swiss) certificate of vaccination with an international one? Is it possible?

  • You will get it from the local health authority in Switzerland. Just ask the hospital or authority that issued your certificate. The international one is in the form of a yellow card. Jul 26, 2018 at 7:04
  • I do have both, an international and Swiss one but want to transfer all entry from the Swiss one to the international one.
    – Thomas
    Jul 26, 2018 at 7:18
  • 1
    I believe the international one is only for certain diseases. Jul 26, 2018 at 9:03
  • Realistically the international certificate generally only serves a single purpose - to show that you have had a Yellow Fever inoculation. Having any other vaccinations listed on it serves little to no purpose.
    – Doc
    Jul 27, 2018 at 18:57

1 Answer 1


I have both certificates of vaccination from birth and all my vaccinations were put into both certificates. If you want to transfer the vaccinations from one to the other it has to be done by any physician. In Switzerland, I would visit my family physician for that.

just FYI: you can also use a electronic certificate of vaccinations, I don't know if you can use it abroad tough: Government website

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.